Saturday, February 28, 2009

And the winners are: Haitink and Gergiev

First blog poll clearly points out two favorite conductors

1. Bernard Haitink/Valery Gergiev
3. Claudio Abbado/Gustavo Dudamel
5. Mariss Jansons How nice to see that so many people voted on my first poll. Very interesting to see who you chose as your favorite conductor. No surprises to be honest. With both 21% of the total votes the great old master Bernard Haitink and my own favorite Russian maestro Valery Gergiev took the first position. With 13% Claudio Abbado and Gustavo Dudamel are at position 3/4 followed by Mariss Jansons on 5.

This week’s poll: Orchestras!

A tricky one. You may remember the painful reactions that came from Berlin, Vienna and Chicago when Gramophone Magazine published their poll (international music critics) last December with the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra on ONE. As an Amsterdam based music lover I was of course very pleased and not really surprised by this news. And also nice for me was that almost 100.000 fans visited the special website we at MontVerdi.tv created for this orchestra.

But I have to admit that the result of the poll is arbitrary. Choose another magazine from a different country and the results might be different. Although, I believe that Amsterdam, Berlin and Vienna will always fight for the first three positions.

I am curious to see what comes out of this music lovers poll: make your choice and I will publish the results next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment